Going into the final weekend of the Challenge Cup nothing is guaranteed for Connacht so we will take you through the permutations.
We are making the assumption that Northampton, Bristol and Sale will get 5 points in their final matches and that Clermont win against the Dragons.
Connacht win with a Bonus Point
– Connacht will be the highest second place qualifier and will face Sale Sharks.
– Depending on other results it could be La Rochelle, Worcester Warriors, Harlequins, or Bristol Bears.
Connacht win without a Bonus Point
– Connacht will be the lowest second place qualifier and will face ASM Clermont Auvergne, assuming La Rochelle get at least a bonus point against Zebre Rugby Club in Italy.
– If La Rochelle lose without a bonus point , Connacht will be the 7th place Qualifier and would face Sale Sharks.
Connacht lose with a Bonus Point (either try or losing or Both)
– Connacht will play ASM Clermont Auvergne assuming Rugby Benetton lose away to Grenoble.
Connacht lose without a bonus point
-Connacht play ASM Clermont Auvergne if Ospreys don’t get a bonus point away to Pau and Benetton Rugy lose, otherwise we are out.