Connacht host Worcester in the second round of the Challenge Cup on Saturday Oct 21, 2017. Here are some stats on Connacht’s matches against the English club in the Challenge Cup:
- The only English club that Connacht have defeated twice in the back to back European matches is Worcester, in 2009:
- 12/12/2009 Worcester 21 (tries: T Wood, W Walker; conversion W Walker; penalties W Walker(3)) – Connacht 26 (tries: F Carr, I Keatley, S Cronin; conversions: I Keatley; penalties: I Keatley(3))
- 18/12/2009 Connacht 19 (tries: G Duffy, J Muldoon; penalties: I Keatley(3)) – Worcester 7 (try: C Pennell; conversion: M Jones)
- Connacht have won 3 and lost 1 against Worcester in the Challenge Cup, in 2009 (see above) and 2005:
- 30/11/2005 Worcester 20 (Tries: N le Roux, S Drahm, D Hickey; conversions: S Drahm(3); penalties: S Drahm(3)) – Connacht 20 (tries: M Mostyn, K Matthews; conversions: D Slemen(2); penalties: D Slemen(2))
- 17/12/2005 Connacht 22 (tries: C McPhillips, M Lacey; penalties: D Slemen(2), P Warwick(2)) – Worcester 20 (Tries: T Delport, T Windo; conversion: S Drahm; penalties: S Drahm(3))
- John Muldoon is the only player to have started in each of the 4 previous matches between Connacht and Worcester.